Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Texas Road-Trip: Day 8 (New Orleans)

Saturday morning started early...around 5:30 am. We were on the road by 6:30 headed for New Orleans. 



It seemed like we drove forever and ever. The picture above is pretty much what the entire state of Louisiana looks like. It is field after field of crops. It was beautiful to drive through and see all the beautiful homes that are a hundred years old or older.

Once we got to New Orleans, it was like we crossed a bridge to another country. The buildings and architecture was beautiful, everything else, not so much. We were staying at the Marriot on Canal Street so we went there first. The valet took our car so we had to walk everywhere the rest of the night. 





We walked down Bourbon Street to go to the Harley Davidson shop. Once we left there I was on a mission to find seafood for dinner. 


After dinner we walked back down Bourbon Street. I was not impressed, at all. I was scared to death. I have never seen so many different people and so many bars and gentleman's clubs. I am glad I went but I am not sure I will ever go back. 






We walked all the way down Bourbon Street to the French Quarter then over to the Boardwalk. 




It was raining and extremely hot so we decided to head to Margaritaville to get shirts then back to the room.



We were back in the room by 10:00. I did not want to be out walking on the streets after dark. The view from our room was beautiful. We were on the 35th floor. We could see the Mississippi River and down Canal street. I preferred to people watch from the comfort of my room.



The next morning we got up early to head back to Tennessee. The sky over New Orleans was beautiful when we left.


I had such a wonderful time on this trip with my parents. I am glad we took this trip because family road trips don't last forever. We had a great time traveling through Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. 


Tasha

1 comments:

Laura Darling said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to go on a road trip through several states! And Louisiana looks great! I've never been!