Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten years ago today,

On September 11, 2001...
I was a sophomore in high school. We were in the middle of switching classes when the first tower was struck. I was walking into my English classroom when my teacher turned the t.v. on. 
We sat there, in shock, as the second plane flew into the South Tower of the World Trade Center. 
I remember thinking that it was all a dream. I could not believe what I was seeing.
When the towers started to collapse, I just sat there in shock.
As sad as this day was, I was never so proud to be an American. 
Today, I am still just as proud to be an American. I want to thank the men and women who lost their lives that day. I am thankful for the men and women that serve our country everyday to keep us safe... 

I'm just trying to be a father,
Raise a daughter and a son,
Be a lover to their mother,
Everything to everyone.
Up and at 'em bright and early,
I'm all business in my suit,
Yeah, I'm dressed for success from my head down to my boots,
I don't do it for money, there's still bills that I can't pay,
I don't do it for the glory, I just do it anyway,
Providing for our future's my responsibility,
Yeah I'm real good under pressure, being all that I can be,
And I can't call in sick on Mondays when the weekends been to strong,
I just work straight through the holidays,
And sometimes all night long.
You can bet that I stand ready when the wolf growls at the door,
Hey, I'm solid, hey I'm steady, hey I'm true down to the core,
And I will always do my duty, no matter what the price,
I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice,
Oh, and I don't want to die for you,
But if dying's asked of me,
I'll bear that cross with an honor,
'Cause freedom don't come free.
I'm an American soldier, an American,
Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand,
When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right,
I'm out here on the front lines, so sleep in peace tonight.
American soldier, I'm an American,
An American,
An American Soldier 

This song by Toby Keith gives me chills every time I hear it. This song represents what is like to be an American and know that you are protected by the best men and women in the world. Thank you to the people who live this song everyday.


Never Forgotten. Forever Grateful

0 comments: