Monday, July 11, 2011

Texas Road-trip: Day 1 and 2

Howdy ya'll! I am writing this post from Dallas, Texas (well, actually Southlake, Texas) and I couldn't be more excited. Texas is one of my absolute favorite places on Earth. I just love it here. I know this is crazy, but in a way, Texas just feels like home. Even though I was born and raised in Tennessee, when someone mentions Texas, my heart flutters. 

If you didn't already know, my parents and I are on a little family road-trip to Texas for the week. We have family here and they have decided to move back to Tennessee, so we came out for one last visit. My parents have never been to Texas so they were excited to make the 16-hour trip here. Me? Not so much! I prefer the 2-hour plan ride A LOT better. Despite my negativity, it actually turned out to be two great days of driving almost 1,000 miles.

We left Saturday morning around 5:00am headed for Memphis, Tennessee. We drove from the northern tip of Tennessee to the southern tip of Tennessee. 



We stopped in Nashville so my Dad could go to the Harley Davidson shop. Then it was back on the road to Memphis. 


Once we arrived in Memphis, we stopped at the second Harley Davidson shop of the day. Then, we immediately crossed the bridge going over the Mississippi River. I have been to Memphis before but I do not remember going to see the Mississippi River. We came back to Tennessee and started searching for a hotel. We checked in, changed clothes and headed to the river boat. The river boat was very interesting and historical. I would definitely recommend going if you are in the Memphis area. It was very HOT but worth it to get great views of the city, like the one above. 

After the river boat we rushed back to the hotel to rest and freshen up for dinner. I was extremely excited and counting down the hours till dinner all day. The lovely Nicole was meeting us to eat and I was so excited to meet her.


We ate at Kooky Canucks. The food was fabulous and so was Nicole. Her blog was the first blog I ever looked at and followed. I read her blog for months before I started to write my own. We soon became Facebook friends and started texting back and forth. She is an absolute sweetheart. My parents loved her and so did I. I am so happy to now be able to call her a "real" friend. 


Kooky Canucks was an experience. This is the 6lb Cheeseburger they sell for $37.00. We thought it was a birthday cake in the shape of a burger when they brought it out. I asked the people next to us if I could snap a picture because I knew no one would believe me.


After dinner, we headed down Beale Street. We walked around and took in all the interesting things this blues town has to offer. 



Nicole and I decided that this was the first of many trips we will be making to see each other. It was so much fun to meet a blogging friend in person.


Later that night my parents and I went into Wet Willie's to listen to blues music. We lasted for a short while and then headed back to the hotel. We were only half way to Texas so we still had an eight hour drive the next day.

I was so sad when we reached Texas on Sunday, because of the construction work in Texarkana, their "Welcome to Texas" sign was down. After eight hours of driving, we finally made it to Southlake. My parents have never been to the Cheesecake Factory so that was a must for dinner. I told them they would not be disappointed because it is the most amazing food EVER!


Macy and I snapping pictures!


After the Cheesecake Factory, we decided it was time for an evening swim. Then we were all piled in the bed, ready to pass out from two days of traveling.



Tasha

1 comments:

Nicole said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am so happy to see these pictures!!! And I am SOOO glad we got to meet! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!